Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Oh My ~ Turtle Cake


It's no secret~ I LOVE DESSERT!! Any kind is good, but I'm more into Cakes, cookies, brownies, pie....ok, all of them!! This is another one that is SUPER easy! The items for this baby are always in the cubbord!! Did I say it was super easy??!! VROOM VROOM...Drivers start your engines!!...Or in this case, "Bakers...turn your oven on!!"....This will be one you'll want to share and make for the 4th!!

What you'll need to do:
Mix 1 German chocolate cake mix up as directed on the box.
*Pour 1/2 of mixed batter (enough to cover the bottom) into a 9 X 13 non stick sprayed pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes.

While that's baking:
Melt together:
14 oz carmels
1/2 can evaporated milk
3/4 cup butter

When the bottom part of the cake is done, pour the carmel mixture over the top of it and add:
2 Cups chopped pecans (optional)
1 Cup Chocolate chips

Pour the remainder of the cake batter on top and bake for an additional 30-35 minutes!!
The carmel will be bubbling all around the outter edges!


Since 1/2 of our family likes nuts and 1/2 doesn't, I didn't put the nuts in mine, therefore you won't see them in my picture! When I make it for the 3 of us, the more nuts the better!!!


Oh, I let it cool for about 15- 20 mintues before cutting into it. Let's the carmel set a bit and it's not so messy! But warm, gooey chocolate...what's not to LOVE!!

{I topped mine with frozen Cool Whip...it's like having cool whip and Ice Cream!!
I think I just licked my lips and slurpped!}

15 comments:

  1. Uh....YUM! I'd make it w/o the nuts too due to an allergy to them. But what's not to love about caramel and chocolate?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. um... this better be what you mailed me today... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing! I love it! I'm sharing on my facebook page. Thanks so much for sharing at whimsy Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MMMM to die for...definetly gotta make this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY, indeed! this is looks "mmm, mmm, good" :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like heaven!! Thanks for sharing! And I am lovin your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is great. Found you via the live laugh linky. I have linked in a beef dish. Have a super day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Turtle cake is my son's favorite cake ! But I do my carmel a little bit differently. It always freaks people out when I tell them this , but it truely does make the best carmel you have ever tasted. Simply take 2 cans of sweetened condensed milk , put them in a large stock pot , cover with water ( do not open the cans , put them in unopened ) boil for 3 hours . Be very very careful not to let them boil dry or you will have a HUGE mess ! Just keep adding water as needed . let them cool and when you open the cans , you have the most heavenly carmel you have EVER. Trust me ! Thanks for visiting and following . I'm following you now too !

    ReplyDelete
  9. this looks so good. I have a Blog Hop, and I would love it if you would link this post. You can find it at
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/06/natural-hair-gel-and-wednesdays-adorned.html
    It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop.
    I hope to see you there. Have a great Day.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for linking with "Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop". I love this recipe. It looks so good. Hope you link again this Wednesday.
      Debi Bolocofsky
      www.adornedfromabove.com

      Delete
  10. That looks so good! My husband would LOVE this! Thanks for sharing at the Pomp Party! Pinning to our Pomp Party board!

    Jill @ Create.Craft.Love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my! That looks SO delicious! Yum! Happy 4th! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete