Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Ready, Set, ....Drool~Chocolate-Peanut butter bars




Don't ya love it when you get a crazy great recipe that tastes as good as it sounds??!! I like to know where it comes from as well...who thought up this bit of lick smackin' goodness?? More than half the time it comes from a friend who got it from a friend who got it from a friend...know what I mean?
That's not the case here, this tasty treat came from Family Circle Magazine many years ago!{ It's a bit modified~ think the original recipe called for peanuts as well.}  I can't give any more credit than that, but whoever came up with it, THANKS!

What you need:

3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
3 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
1 box brownie mix (regular cake box size)
4 oz. cream cheese softened
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
3 tablespoons milk
1 1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
whip cream, caramel sauce and peanut butter cups for garnish!

Time to whip it up:

Heat up the oven to 350 degrees.
Line a 9 X 9 pan with foil (pressing it in and making it flat and tucked in the corners well making sure not to tear it) allowing the sides to overhang then spray with nonstick cooking spray
In a bowl combine the graham cracker crumbs and granulated sugar. Mix in the melted butter.
Press the crumbs into your prepared pan. Bake until golden brown, it took mine 9 minutes. Cool on a rack.

Prepare the brownie mix according to the directions on the box for CAKE LIKE brownies. Pour batter into crust lined pan. Return to the oven and bake until brownies are set (toothpick comes out clean) aprx. 30 min. Cool completely on rack.

In a bowl beat cream cheese with a mixer until smooth. Add peanut butter and confectioners sugar. Beat until just blended, it will look a little lumpy. Add milk, beat lightly to loosen the mixture. In a different bowl, whip 1 cup of the cream until stiffened and gently fold into peanut butter mixture.
Spread mousse over cooled brownie. Refrigerate 1 hour.

Heat remaining 1/2 cup cream in a pan over medium heat until just boiling.
Remove from heat, add corn syrup and chocolate chips. Cover and let sit about 5 min. Stir until it's smooth. Pour over the chilled mousse mixture and spread evenly to cover completely. Back in the fridge for at least an hour.

Using the foil flaps that you left overhanging, lift the brownie out of the pan and place on a cutting board. Fold the foil off the sides, cut into squares and garnish with your goodies as you like!

*Tip: make sure to really non-stick spray the foil so it doesn't stick to your stuff. The first time I made it I could barely get the foil off the bottom of the graham cracker! Ever bite into a piece of foil with a filling??? Yikes!!!!

24 comments:

  1. Honest to goodness! This looks amazing! I'm sharing this on my facebook page. Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lawdy lawdy lawdy. I must make this!!!! YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome looking!! I need it! Now!
    New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristy- Why did I look at this- Because I am DROOLING over here- Holy Smokes girl! This looks Divine!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy Cow! Those are decadent. I wish I had one right now. I'd love you to share over at Whatcha Whipped Up Wednesday. Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look absolutely amazing! I was linking up below you, and I got really hungry really quick. Seriously want some. My dad would go nutty for these...no pun intended.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my. This looks incredible! So many wonderful flavours going on. I have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! I am inviting you to come and be part of my blog hop:
    http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/06/show-your-stuff-27.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everyone in my family would love this. Thanks so much for sharing! I'm going to pin it and make it sometime in the near future!

    Visiting from Whimsically Homemade!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kristy,
    This looks amazing. I would love it if you would link it with my Wednesday Adorned From Above Blog Hop. The link is below.

    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/06/jasmine-scented-oil-wednesday-adorned.html

    Sincerely,
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabovecom

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my word that looks AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you're killing me----wow this looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to eat this now! So yummy! New follower from TGIF. Love for you to follow back when you get a chance.

    http://naptimeshopper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. OK! I just totally drooled all over my keyboard! This would have been amazing just out of the pan but to add all the goodies just brings it over the top. Thanks for sharing this at Freedom Fridays. Have a Super Terrific Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for stopping by, I am your newest follower. Oh my this looks amazing, I have to pin it and try some time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! These look incredible! =) I am your newest follower!
    Alesha <3
    http://tobless.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just wanted to let you know that these are being featured at Whatcha' Whipped Up! Hope to see you there again this week.
    Dawn DJ's Sugar Shack

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks delicious! I am pinning it! Thanks for sharing at Showcase Your Talent Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Perfection! Just need a big ol' glass of milk with these babies! Yummy! Thanks so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This decadent dessert just got featured at Freedom Fridays this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! These look amazing. I am sure they are even better than they look. I am a new follower. Hope to see you at True Aim.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Kristy,

    I just wanted to let you know that I featured you and this post on my Favorite Friday Blog Links of the Week. I would love you to take a look at the post. The link is below.

    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/06/favorite-friday-blog-links-5.html

    I also have a Wednesday Adorned From Above Blog Hop, I would love it if you would link some of your recipes. They are great.

    Sincerely,
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Holy yumminess! My hips might wish I didn't know about this amazing dessert!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Holy cow, I'm drooling. This looks fabulous! Thank you for sharing this recipe at our Summer BBQ Bash!

    ReplyDelete